MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
Product Name: Sodium Acetate
EPA Reg. No: N/A
1. PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION
- Product Name: Sodium Acetate
- UN/MA#: N/A
- DOT Hazard Class: N/A
2. INGREDIENTS & RECOMMENDED OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS
Sodium Acetate is non-hazardous
3. PHYSICAL DATA
- Specific Gravity (Hg0=1): 1.53
- Boiling Point: N/A
- Melting Point: N/A
- Vapor Pressure: N/A
- Vapor Density: N/A
- pH: 8 -10.5
- Solubility in Water: Partially soluble in water.
- Evaporation Rate: N/A
- Appearance and Odor: White to Grey angular granule
4. FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARD DATA
- Flash Point: >100° C
- Flammable Limits: NDA
- Fire Extinguishing Media: Use extinguishing media appropriate for surrounding fire.
- Special Fire Fighting Procedures: N/A
- Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazards: None
5. REACTIVITY DATA
- Stability: Stable
- Incompatibility: Strong Oxidizing Agents
- Hazardous Decomposition or By-Products: Carbon monoxide
- Conditions to Avoid: N/A
- Hazardous Polymerization: Will not occur
6. SPILL OR LEAK PROCEDURES
Steps to be taken in case material is released: In case of release to the environment, report spills to the National Response Center 1-800-424-8802
Suggested Local Action: Dike spill and pump to clean container. Flush area with water
Waste Disposal Method: (EPA Waste identification #: N/A – Consult Federal, State & Local Regulations) In accordance with all Federal, State and Local regulations.
For Hazardous Waste Regulation: call 1-800-424-9346 – The RCRA Hotline.
7. HEALTH HAZARD DATA
Inhalation: Possible with ensuing irritation.
Skin Contact: Possible with ensuing irritation.
Eye Contact: Possible with ensuing irritation.
Ingestion: Possible with ensuing irritation.
Signs & Symptoms of Exposure: Irritation of skin, eyes and respiratory tract.
Medical conditions generally aggravated by exposure: Irritation of respiratory tract.
Chemical listed as Carcinogen or Potential Carcinogen: No
8. EMERGENCY AND FIRST AID PROCEDURE
Skin Contact: Wash thoroughly with soap and water.
Eye Contact: Flush immediately with large amounts of water, lifting the lower and upper lids occasionally.
Ingestion: Give 1 -2 large glasses of water or milk. Induce vomiting.
Immediately seek medical aid. Never give liquids to an unconscious person.
9. SPECIAL PROTECTION INFORMATION
Skin: Clean, body-covering clothing should be worn to prevent irritation in situation where direct contact with product may occur.
Eyes: Employees should be required to wear chemical safety splash goggles in situations where direct contact with the product may result in eye injury.
Other Protective Equipment: Emergency eye wash stations and deluge safety showers should be available in the work areas.
10. SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS
Precaution to be token in handling and storage: Store in a cool, dry location. DO NOT store near food or feed. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
THIS INFORMATION IS TAKEN FROM SOURCES OR BASED UPON DATE BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE;
Product Name: Sodium Acetate
|Sodium Acetate Anhydrous Water||Insoluble||127-09-3||N/A|